Greg had an ENTIRE weekend off so we headed about 3 hours north to Durango, CO. What a beautiful place! We went up there with two of Greg's fellow residents and the significant other of one of them. We spent a night on the town Friday night. On Saturday, I headed out with Heather and her boyfriend to do some mountain biking followed by some "leisurely" tubing down the river. It was supposed to be relaxing...however, the sun when behind the clouds and the water is cold, so I was shivering most of the time. I hit a log with my tube and fell in. Then, at the end, there were actually some pretty good size rapids that I certainly was not prepared for. I ended up swimming, losing my tube and my flip flops. Although not funny at the time, I was not too thrilled with the situation, it was a fun experience. Saturday night we went through the pass and camped off of an off road trail. It was was super pretty and always fun to camp. Sunday we got up and headed to the ski resort where we took the ski lifts up and rode down. That certainly gets the adrenaline going...if you think about it, so many things can go wrong if you take a spill at high speeds going down the mountain. They don't let you up the chair lift without a helmet for good reason. Greg ended up blowing a tire, it was so loud it sounded like a gun...kinda funny really (see video below). Unfortunately, heather took a spill and hit her kidney pretty well...so bad she ended up going to the ER. She just bruised it, but no fun either way. Besides those mishaps...it was a wonderful trip! Can't wait to go back this winter to ski!
Now I am the jealous one!!! Oh to go and do something summery fun!!! So glad you guys are getting to enjoy (and everyone is ok!!!
ReplyDeleteWendy said...Wow Greg never mentioned the flat tire! I love his grin in the video, reminds me of when he was a goalie! the pictures are lovely!!! What a beautiful place. Would have liked to see the place that you went tubeing Cindy, but since you went swimming a couple of times I guess it was a good thing that you didn't have your camera on you! Ha,ha!So glad you guys are enjoying your time off so very much!
ReplyDeleteYou would have loved it there Amelia!! Did you notice the camping dishes? We finally got to use them!! :-)
ReplyDelete