Thursday, July 30, 2009

Entertaining & keeping busy

This is a picture from our patio. These are our neighbors we have been spending a lot of time with. It has been awesome just being able to hang out, eat dinner and then walk two steps home. And, it's less cooking Greg and I have to do! We are hosting a BBQ this weekend, the neighbors will be there, I may invite some teacher friends, and all of Greg's med-school friends are coming, it should be a lot of fun! Our little yard area does not look quite the same as it does in the picture. Linda (bottom right) came over and helped me clean it up to look nicely trimmed. I also put in small fencing around the bottom of the fence so that pebbles can't get through it when she arrives. Our neighbors, Stephanie and Jay (the other two in the photo) have a little jack russel, Lily, about the same size as pebbles, she came over and tested out the fencing. She wasn't able to get out...nice work Greg:-) We will be dog-sitting for them next week for a few days, then she can really break in the yard:-) This will also be a test run for how well Greg does having a small dog around...we will see. I am sensing he is not super excited.

We still haven't gotten our chair we ordered, which is why there are no photos up of our new place yet. It was supposed to get here last Wednesday, now it's not until this Wednesday. Hopefully it doesn't keep getting pushed back. Pictures will be up as soon as it comes!

I have officially sent out over half of our Thank You postcards! I finished all of my family and friends, and a few family and friends of Greg. We have about 20 left to write out, Greg claims he will help me this weekend and it will be done with! I am so sorry to all who so generously gave us a wedding gift. We love all of our gifts and the thank you's are on the way!

1 comment:

  1. Is that a Weber back there? Aren't they great?!?!? Hopefully we'll see you guys in a few months! Jack-Jack says hi :)

    ReplyDelete