I have really been slacking lately with the blog...no excuses, it's just life. I lost motivation for the blog which is how I have sort of felt about everything since I returned to Chicago after Christmas break. I have been struggling to keep ahead of the game at work, I just flat out don't feel like doing anything. I am thinking it just has to do with the fact that I am itching for some summer weather, I just want to sit out in the sun, and Greg and I are and have been in big time limbo until this Thursday...finally!
After coming back to Chicago in January, Greg was constantly traveling, only being in Chicago a day here or there. It was a cold and boring month. Greg had all this time off to travel, and I didn't...this is exactly how the summer goes when I have time and he doesn't (why can't we have time together!?!). I was able to travel with him to Pittsburgh and Philadelphia for a long weekend. We stopped off in Danville so Greg could get a second look opportunity at Geisinger. We were able to drive around a bit and I did get these pictures: Any guesses on the significance of either of them??
In the meantime since mid-January, Greg was able to visit Amelia, and I was able to go to Winter Park Colorado with some co-workers to go skiing. It was a sweet resort with tons of options to ski. You can easily spend a day there and not get bored. Unfortunately, my body didn't take well to the altitude and I actually got pretty sick. At first I couldn't figure it out and thought maybe I caught the flu on the plane ride there, but then I had a light bulb moment when I saw a sign that said we were at 9000 feet. At the top of the mountain, which I went to the first day we were there, it is 12,000 feet. I definitely had the worst of it out of all of us that went and it is amazing how quickly it goes away when you get to lower elevations. Here is a picture of us at one of the local bars. The fake guy actually talks to you when you go stand next to it...kinda funny.
As for right now, our minds are consumed with the 2010 residency match...aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. Talk about anxiety, I just want to know already!! Greg gets an email on Monday at 11:00am telling him if he did indeed match or not. That's the real nail biter. If he matches, then it's just a matter of finding out where on Thursday...I can't wait.
YEA!!! I was missing you guys on your blog (well missing you in general too!) Sounds like life is pretty stressful. Ug. Here's to finding out where you guys are going (or staying) and then enjoying some time relaxing!! HUGE congrats to Greg for matching (and you for putting up with the wait, etc. etc.) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteOK, busted. I did not look at the Danville pictures til this AM. Looks a lot like the spot where I first spoke with your mother EVER. Ha. She was a cute little shit then too. And it was cool to see the picture of our first house, and where we lived for 4 years. Congratulations on your match. You ahve very exciting times ahead. DAD
ReplyDelete